Hi, I'm from abroad...

Hi, I'm a UK-educated 41-y-o foreigner who, I think, now has an autistic child in his family, in its care. I use the word "think" because she is only 1.4 months old and doctors where I live don't diagnose autism, nor even closely aware of this condition. Yet, my observations and tons of information I've read online leave me no room for much optimism that the traits I already see will smooth out. I have decided to join this page and forum because we have no such website in my own country and the UK is the country where I studied and lived for some time. I'm open for discussions and exchange of experience with any parent or carer who has had an autistic child and me and my family who take care of our little, lovely girl need much psychological, moral support that we don't know how to get. Please, write to me anyone.

Parents
  • Thanks a lot for your reply. I am indeed from a former Soviet country. We are now starting from a child support center, but the problem in my country is that autism awareness is very, very low here and autistic people are excluded from life, from society, at best treated as retarded people and people don't understand the needs of parents and carers. Now I understand that. I'm terrified at the thought that the situation will not be changing, and so I'm very concerned over the fate of my little lovely girl. 

Thanks a lot for your reply again, it's very comforting to know that there are people you can talk to about your problem. 

Sorry to ask, but are you Aspergers?

• Thanks a lot for your reply. I am indeed from a former Soviet country. We are now starting from a child support center, but the problem in my country is that autism awareness is very, very low here and autistic people are excluded from life, from society, at best treated as retarded people and people don't understand the needs of parents and carers. Now I understand that. I'm terrified at the thought that the situation will not be changing, and so I'm very concerned over the fate of my little lovely girl. 

Thanks a lot for your reply again, it's very comforting to know that there are people you can talk to about your problem. 

Sorry to ask, but are you Aspergers?

Children
No Data