Newly diagnosed female 41

hi I'm vicky 41 just been diagnosed with ASD two days ago but have always known . I have four daughters and my 17 year old has ASD she was diagnosed when she was two. Bit scared and unsure at the moment living on my own with my nine month old youngest and hoping for friendship and some light at the end of the tunnel xxxxx

Parents
  • Hello Vicky

You've joined a good bunch of people who can understand and offer friendly advice.

The diagnosis simply confirms you're on the autistic spectrum, like you always have been. You must have a lot of ability within you to raise a family and cope with a daughter that is also autistic.

You'll probably be able to access some support services (not sure what), but I find that having friends, even if you don't know them, is the best support of all.

So, just ask and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have experience to offer you to give you confidence on a way forward.

All the best

• Hello Vicky

You've joined a good bunch of people who can understand and offer friendly advice.

The diagnosis simply confirms you're on the autistic spectrum, like you always have been. You must have a lot of ability within you to raise a family and cope with a daughter that is also autistic.

You'll probably be able to access some support services (not sure what), but I find that having friends, even if you don't know them, is the best support of all.

So, just ask and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have experience to offer you to give you confidence on a way forward.

All the best

Children
No Data