Hello from Indonesia

Hello everyone.

I'm 25 (female), I'm from Indonesia.

Need help from anyone here, I need advice. I don't know if I'm autistic or not, I watched and read about ASD and it describe things that I don't understand before. I keep blaming myself before I read about ASD. I was diagnosed with Bipolar type II in 2013, is it possible if I was misdiagnosed? Because I keep thinking Bipolar doesn't explain much about what I experienced and I still feel "the pain that I can't explain to people". ASD explains things and it more makes sense for my own experience.

I really need to know what is this and I need an explanation about what I've been through since I was a kid. It's hard to get an ASD diagnosis, especially when you're an adult.. and you're a girl.. and you're in Indonesia. Also I have problem at explaining things and problem with speaking verbally. I'm much better at texting.

Please let me know if anyone have some advices for me.

*sorry for my bad English.

Thank you!

-cnp-

Parents
  • Hello!

cnp said:
    I don't know if I'm autistic or not...

Intelligent people who have read up on it and who suspect that they are, probably are. 

Bipolar is quite a common misdiagnosis for women, and so is BPD.  Even in Europe vast numbers of females are being misdiagnosed, for most of the professionals don't keep up with the latest research on the female presentation, and some don't even know the differences.  It's crucial that you find a clinical psychologist with experience in this area and whose diagnosis male to female ratio is low, certainly lower than 4:1. Misdiagnosis causes untold suffering and it's not good.  I was misdiagnosed for years myself.

ASD explains things and it more makes sense for my own experience.

I know the feeling only too well.

It's hard to get an ASD diagnosis, especially when you're an adult.. and you're a girl.. and you're in Indonesia.

It's hard here too, but it shouldn't be.

Your English is far better than my Indonesian! : ) I understood everything you  said.

Good luck,

Mihaela

• Hello!

cnp said:
    I don't know if I'm autistic or not...

Intelligent people who have read up on it and who suspect that they are, probably are. 

Bipolar is quite a common misdiagnosis for women, and so is BPD.  Even in Europe vast numbers of females are being misdiagnosed, for most of the professionals don't keep up with the latest research on the female presentation, and some don't even know the differences.  It's crucial that you find a clinical psychologist with experience in this area and whose diagnosis male to female ratio is low, certainly lower than 4:1. Misdiagnosis causes untold suffering and it's not good.  I was misdiagnosed for years myself.

ASD explains things and it more makes sense for my own experience.

I know the feeling only too well.

It's hard to get an ASD diagnosis, especially when you're an adult.. and you're a girl.. and you're in Indonesia.

It's hard here too, but it shouldn't be.

Your English is far better than my Indonesian! : ) I understood everything you  said.

Good luck,

Mihaela

Children
No Data