Hi :)

Hi,

My name is Tori i'm not very good with introductions.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers when i was 7! I am now 33 and still have no friends, no social life as i can not handle situations very well. I hate going out and i have constant meltdowns without realising it. I moved to a new area and my new doctor refuses to help me regarding my Autism.

Be nice to meet some people :)

• Hi Tori,

Just thought I'd say hello. I recently registered on this forum because I thought it would be nice to chat to people like me. My AS was diagnosed a couple of years ago. I've kinda realised after so many years that I can talk, quite a lot when I'm on the right topic. I just wish I had more people to talk to, who understand.

I've never really thought of going to my doctor because of autism Anxiety, depression, meltdowns yes, but, I think it's very easy for GP's to overlook their obligations to patients with our needs. Cuts and pressure on services, etc.

I can see how you may not have realised meltdowns before. I've only recently read about this common chracteristic, but have experienced it many times. Just put it down to being wound up very quickly by attitudes and things that don't go the way they should.

Hope you get lots of replies.