Hi.

Hi. I'm a friend of parents whose oldest child (aged about 16) may have some degree of autism. I'm trying to assist them. Whatever the problem really is, their son certainly has some educational difficulties and it may be related to a medical incident that occurred when he was a toddler.  He will finish school next year and then the hope is he will continue in education. Apparantlly, the academy where he is currently studying, want him to study building construction or something like gardening after he leaves school. However he has an interest in electronics and engineering, and his parents do not want their son to do construction or gardening because they feel it's not making the most of him.  He generally does not obtain good marks in his GCSE subjects, yet in a mock exam (GCSE Design and Technology Electronic Products) he managed to obtain a B grade. So, he must have an intelligence above what some of his grades in other subjects suggest.

Anyway, I will post more in the Educational section of this forum when I get more details. I'm hoping somewhere out their might be someone who is, or may have confronted a similar problem and have some advice to give. Rich