New here

Hi, I'm a mum of a 13 yr old with asd, currently struggling with teenage behaviour x50 dur to my son's difficulties. Anyone have any advise who has been through the same please? Thank you xx

• Looking into self employment/going back to work.

Not an aspie myself, my partner is high functioning but needing lots of support for the 'melt downs'.

Are there any guides to how this would affect the PIP and benefits?

She has been out of work for 5 years now but keeps hinting at wanting to work, now i am happy to help / support in anyway. 

Her greatest concern is that it would remove the finantial support she has in place now for support 'that works!', would not want to have to go through all the system again.

I believe that work might help her to feel productive again but want to know that if things do not work out......

• Hi Cath,

Our website has a section on behaviour with information and advice that sounds like it might be helpful to you, which you can find here - www.autism.org.uk/.../Behaviour - one of which is specifically a page on challenging behaviour - www.autism.org.uk/.../challenging-behaviour.aspx - where you can find links to the Parent to Parent helpline, local family support services, and so on.

Hopefully you'll find something here that will be of some help.

Best wishes,

Ross - mod