Hello! My name is Victoria. I'm from Russia.

Hello! My name is Victoria. I'm from Russia. I am the mother of an autistic. Excuse me for my English, I hope you will understand. My son is 3 years 9 months. In 3 years he is diagnosed with autism. In Russia it is a severe and persistent mental illness, and leads us to a psychiatrist. I scrutinize the topic of autism. But in Russia, this is difficult. So looking for friends and friends for support and fellowship from other countries. Yes, I'm 26 years old, I am a young mother ) I Have many questions and few answers. In Russia we have very little literature on the topic of autism. I really hope for your understanding )) nice to meet you! )

Parents
  • Hello there Victoria in Russia,

So nice to have read your posting, and say hello to your son from me as another autistic person. It is good to read that your son was diagnosed at a young age, as knowing what autism involves earlier is alot less problematic than having to find out later. Fortunately, there is a fair amount of literature to be found and scrutinised here on the NAS website - whether you want the more official view of autism, and or else the more personal view from community members like myself and otherwise. I am myself male, in my mid forties, and have Asperger's Syndrome. I think though that your many questions could well be met by as many answers, at least, and I hope that you find a good number of friends by so doing too.

Oh - as an after-thought; look up on this website:

Autistic Spectrum Disorders

An Aid to Diagnosis

By Lorna Wing MD FRCPysch

and

The sensory world of autism

- if you have not already, as most people find these fact-pages incredibly useful to begin with.

• Hello there Victoria in Russia,

So nice to have read your posting, and say hello to your son from me as another autistic person. It is good to read that your son was diagnosed at a young age, as knowing what autism involves earlier is alot less problematic than having to find out later. Fortunately, there is a fair amount of literature to be found and scrutinised here on the NAS website - whether you want the more official view of autism, and or else the more personal view from community members like myself and otherwise. I am myself male, in my mid forties, and have Asperger's Syndrome. I think though that your many questions could well be met by as many answers, at least, and I hope that you find a good number of friends by so doing too.

Oh - as an after-thought; look up on this website:

Autistic Spectrum Disorders

An Aid to Diagnosis

By Lorna Wing MD FRCPysch

and

The sensory world of autism

- if you have not already, as most people find these fact-pages incredibly useful to begin with.

Children
No Data