Hi

Hi All, I am mum to three children to eldest of whom was diagnosed with autism last year aged 12. He is definately high functioning but really struggles with all sorts of things which results is behavioural challenges at home. We see a CAHMS psychologist periodically and I am attending a CYGNET course at the moment.

We live in the NE SCotland where provision seems to be patchy and I am looking forward to getting support and ideas for my son, his siblings and our family from here.

Parents
  • Hi there and welcome!

I am a 28 year old guy who has always had, and whom has grown up with high functioning Asperger's Syndrome (a form of Autism) and ADD (attention deficit disorder). Honestly, I'm amazed my wonderful parents have any hair left :') I still worry them now sometimes (not on purpose) God bless them.

I managed to lift off and have a very successful career in digital / web based stuff (coding, marketing etc). Asperger's isn't exactly like typical autism, but I may be able to provide you with future insights into issues your son is having or help in that way if you want to chat or post more on here.

I can have 'melt-downs' and suffer with things like eye contact, but I'm also fantabulous at what I do. Channeling the relevant enrgies and interests was the key to me being able to live a very near independent life. I am sure that in 5 years I will be fully independent, living alone etc.

Obviously learning your child has autism is a big thing. But don't worry - we can turn out ok! :D

• Hi there and welcome!

I am a 28 year old guy who has always had, and whom has grown up with high functioning Asperger's Syndrome (a form of Autism) and ADD (attention deficit disorder). Honestly, I'm amazed my wonderful parents have any hair left :') I still worry them now sometimes (not on purpose) God bless them.

I managed to lift off and have a very successful career in digital / web based stuff (coding, marketing etc). Asperger's isn't exactly like typical autism, but I may be able to provide you with future insights into issues your son is having or help in that way if you want to chat or post more on here.

I can have 'melt-downs' and suffer with things like eye contact, but I'm also fantabulous at what I do. Channeling the relevant enrgies and interests was the key to me being able to live a very near independent life. I am sure that in 5 years I will be fully independent, living alone etc.

Obviously learning your child has autism is a big thing. But don't worry - we can turn out ok! :D

Children
No Data