Ados test

Hi I need some help, school have never once thought my son was autistic, the doctors have never said anything and even some sessions at cahms for sleeping no one has ever mentioned the word autism or Aspergers. However my ex has decided to enrol a private child psychologist to do an ados test on him even though no doctor or cahms or school have ever even brought it up. Is the ados test just for autism or is it used by child pyscologists to help asses for helping anxiety and sleep disorders? I am confused can anyone help why would you get a child tested that other than sleeping a bit anxiety need a test.

Parents
  • THE ADOS TEST

The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) is a semi-structerd assessment of communication, social interaction, and play (or imaginative use of materials) for individuals suspected of having autistic or other Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDDs).

Anxieties and Sleep Disorders are included as aspects of PDD.

Does this clarify the situation to any extent?

Sincerely Thus,

D.

• THE ADOS TEST

The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) is a semi-structerd assessment of communication, social interaction, and play (or imaginative use of materials) for individuals suspected of having autistic or other Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDDs).

Anxieties and Sleep Disorders are included as aspects of PDD.

Does this clarify the situation to any extent?

Sincerely Thus,

D.

Children
No Data