Anyone know of an autistic child having a fear of paper?? Any stratagies to help get over this. The child has to cover his ears

Hi,

Im new on here.  I am just learning alot about autism as I am now working with a few autistic children within a mainstream school and would love to be able to learn the best way to deal with certain situations with the best outcome for the child.

The child I am supervising at the moment has always had the fear of the feel of paper so would always have to lean on a book to write to avoid contact with the paper!

Recentley this has esculating and the child is now stressed when he hears paper being moved in any way to the extent that he puts his fingers in his ears and starts to scream and get very upset and cant seem to stop himself.  

We have tried to use headphones but this seems to still be a problem if he can see anybody else moving paper in anyway even though he cant hear it now??  This makes me think that it is something that he has just got stuck in his head so its more the thought of it.

I would love some ideas of how to deal with this with any experiences of anyone dealing with this problem. 

Many Thanks

Queenbee