Hi Im Seth, its a very good chance i have aspergers

Hello , i am 39 and have found out that its a very good chance i have aspergers . I am waiting for a drs appointment now , soonest one is 2 weeks away. I have done some reading since we ( me my partner and my sister ( my sis is a nurse who works with children on the spectrum ) ) came to the conclusion and it seems to just make so much sense of my whirlwind past and my current need for solitude . So many things in my life make more sense now ; Has anybody got any advice about how to get a speedy diagnosis, if there is such a thing ?

Parents
  • I have always found it hard to make friends , being bullied from 7 years old till i left school . Now at 39 i only have 2 friends , i have always gone through fads getting really into a specific area of a subject while finding it hard to learn about things im not interested in, if you were to look at m book collection you will find volumes about very narrow points of interest . I have never been good in social situations , as a kid i used to always throw tantrums when we went to family events of big days out . I have struggled to hold down full time employment having walked out of over 40 full time jobs anywhere from 1 morning to 5 months after starting depending on how it affected me , i now work only 10-16 hours a week as a self employed gardener .

I have found over the years that whenever i live in a city i develop drug or alchol problems as a reaction to the stress of the situation , i now live in a caravan in a field , on a farm . I hate even going into towns and cities , i hate public transport .

my partners have always accused me of having no empathy of not cooking or cleaning as much as they think is neccasery

I am struggling to make ends meet as i am not earning very much and have always been terrible with money , getting into debt whenever i am not in a relationship where my partners normally take control of bills etc .

People have always got offended by my "sense of humor" and brutal honesty , people have always said that i am a bit of an odd duck .

I want a diagnosis so that i can get the help i need, i have had repeated bouts of depression and live with anxiety as a permanent thing .

• I have always found it hard to make friends , being bullied from 7 years old till i left school . Now at 39 i only have 2 friends , i have always gone through fads getting really into a specific area of a subject while finding it hard to learn about things im not interested in, if you were to look at m book collection you will find volumes about very narrow points of interest . I have never been good in social situations , as a kid i used to always throw tantrums when we went to family events of big days out . I have struggled to hold down full time employment having walked out of over 40 full time jobs anywhere from 1 morning to 5 months after starting depending on how it affected me , i now work only 10-16 hours a week as a self employed gardener .

I have found over the years that whenever i live in a city i develop drug or alchol problems as a reaction to the stress of the situation , i now live in a caravan in a field , on a farm . I hate even going into towns and cities , i hate public transport .

my partners have always accused me of having no empathy of not cooking or cleaning as much as they think is neccasery

I am struggling to make ends meet as i am not earning very much and have always been terrible with money , getting into debt whenever i am not in a relationship where my partners normally take control of bills etc .

People have always got offended by my "sense of humor" and brutal honesty , people have always said that i am a bit of an odd duck .

I want a diagnosis so that i can get the help i need, i have had repeated bouts of depression and live with anxiety as a permanent thing .

Children
No Data