Hello, new member

Hello

Me and my partner have a 3 year old son who has become diagnosed with ASD last week. He was also born 6 1/2 weeks early so his development is delayed as well. At present he can only say so many words and is going to mainstream nursery who are helping through a speech therapist.

He is a loving boy but he has his moments where he can lash out and throw or push anything in sight. He does this quite a bit in public places, and also doesn't have the best sleeping pattern and it isn't often that we have a good night's sleep.

My partner isn't working so cares for him when not at nursery and she nears the brunt of his frustrations, and this is causing her a lot of stress. I work a similar shift pattern during the day to the average worker so I only see what happens when not there, but from what I see when I am at home, I can understand why she can be so stressed.

This can cause a great deal of stress and arguments between each other, and I make sure when at home he gets all the attention I can give him, and urge my partner to have a break but doesn't allow herself to. I would appreciate any general advice I can get.

Thank you, John

Parents Reply Children
No Data