Hello,

Hiya, 

My name is Shannon. I was diagnosed with ASD very recently and I am awaiting assessment for ADHD as well. Feeling very alone in this. Lost 3 jobs, and 5 college courses due to being misunderstood so much and now I feel like I finally have an answer. Starting college again in a week :). Hopefully it goes well this year with the right support. 

Parents
  • Hi Shannon.

This might seem a bit glib but ASD isn't something to be ashamed of and the trick is to accept it is something you have to work with. Yep, this can be very challenging at times but if you can cultivate a 'mask of sanity', as I like to put it, you can exist in the NT world in a reasonable way.

Remember, NT's can't help being the way they are any more than you can help being the way you are.

• Hi Shannon.

This might seem a bit glib but ASD isn't something to be ashamed of and the trick is to accept it is something you have to work with. Yep, this can be very challenging at times but if you can cultivate a 'mask of sanity', as I like to put it, you can exist in the NT world in a reasonable way.

Remember, NT's can't help being the way they are any more than you can help being the way you are.

Children
No Data