Hi

Hi

My wife has never been diagnosed but has a lot of quirks.As her husband I have tried to understand these quirks but am finding it more and more difficult to cope.I am hoping to find people in similar situations to mine to further my understanding.

Parents
  • When I first met my wife twelve years ago I realised that she was different to other people.She thought differently and I thought it was just her character.I found it attractive.After moving in with her I sometimes had difficulty in coping with those quirks.But we had a daughter and everything was fine but just occasionally I found myself totally bemused by some of her ways.She worked in a bank but has no understanding of saving money.If she has it she will spend it.I have had to take another bank card and put money into this account in case she overspends.She had a number of loans from before she met me that she neglected to tell me about amounting to £13000.I had absolutely no idea of these and when I found out she firstly got angry with me for finding out and then just brushed it off with a don't worry about it,it's only money type of attitude.We still have the debt with absolutely no way of paying it off.

She gets very angry and frustrated if there is any noise whilst she is in the house.If she is watching the tv there has to be total silence.If she even missed the titles on a programme she likes we cannot watch because it's not the whole show.

She loves my daughter with all of her heart and is very protective over her but cannot show me any affection at all.She has never in twelve years paid me a compliment or said I love u.If I ask if she loves me she says I wouldn't be with u if I didn't.

She cannot put herself into other people's shoes and has a complete lack of understanding when it comes to other people's feelings.She has just come back from a weeks holiday in Turkey with her parents and my daughter.I was never invited because I don't like the heat.She never even thought to ask her own husband and gets totally confused when I get upset.

She hates sci fi films because they are not real.Anything that is fiction is a problem.

Humour is another problem.I have to explain jokes to her.

I am struggling at the moment to cope with her quirks and I suppose by reaching out to this forum I am hoping to find help and a little understanding.It may sound selfish on my behalf but if I can find out that she has a level of autism it will make me even more patient and understanding.

Thank you

• When I first met my wife twelve years ago I realised that she was different to other people.She thought differently and I thought it was just her character.I found it attractive.After moving in with her I sometimes had difficulty in coping with those quirks.But we had a daughter and everything was fine but just occasionally I found myself totally bemused by some of her ways.She worked in a bank but has no understanding of saving money.If she has it she will spend it.I have had to take another bank card and put money into this account in case she overspends.She had a number of loans from before she met me that she neglected to tell me about amounting to £13000.I had absolutely no idea of these and when I found out she firstly got angry with me for finding out and then just brushed it off with a don't worry about it,it's only money type of attitude.We still have the debt with absolutely no way of paying it off.

She gets very angry and frustrated if there is any noise whilst she is in the house.If she is watching the tv there has to be total silence.If she even missed the titles on a programme she likes we cannot watch because it's not the whole show.

She loves my daughter with all of her heart and is very protective over her but cannot show me any affection at all.She has never in twelve years paid me a compliment or said I love u.If I ask if she loves me she says I wouldn't be with u if I didn't.

She cannot put herself into other people's shoes and has a complete lack of understanding when it comes to other people's feelings.She has just come back from a weeks holiday in Turkey with her parents and my daughter.I was never invited because I don't like the heat.She never even thought to ask her own husband and gets totally confused when I get upset.

She hates sci fi films because they are not real.Anything that is fiction is a problem.

Humour is another problem.I have to explain jokes to her.

I am struggling at the moment to cope with her quirks and I suppose by reaching out to this forum I am hoping to find help and a little understanding.It may sound selfish on my behalf but if I can find out that she has a level of autism it will make me even more patient and understanding.

Thank you

Children
No Data