Clothing Issues

Hi,

I have just joined and am wanting to chat with other parents of an older child with Aspergers/ADHD, my son is currently 11 years old, who is having issues with clothing.

My son becomes anxious at the mere mention of having to get dressed..this issue is not only affecting clothes but shoes, glasses on the face and even bedding.

In his words, 'nothing ever feels right'.

Thanks.

Parents
  • Thanks for your reply..the problem with my son isn't so much the seams, but more about the 'feeling' of the material rubbing on his skin once he's moving about..take this morning for example, we had arrived at school, just before 9am, he had kicked off his shoes in the car and refused to put them back on..he did eventually, but the abuse both verbally and physically I received was horrendous!

Have you learnt any strategies that have worked for you?

• Thanks for your reply..the problem with my son isn't so much the seams, but more about the 'feeling' of the material rubbing on his skin once he's moving about..take this morning for example, we had arrived at school, just before 9am, he had kicked off his shoes in the car and refused to put them back on..he did eventually, but the abuse both verbally and physically I received was horrendous!

Have you learnt any strategies that have worked for you?

Children
No Data