Returning to UK next year. Not sure what to expect. Advice needed!

Hi!

My son is 4 and we currently live in Houston, USA! He was diagnosed autistic last year, over here in states. Since, we did our research and he started preschool for high functioning autistic kids. We are lucky such a school exists where we are! He made so much progress and loves going! It's every day 3 hrs a day. He also attends speech therapy. He wasn't talking at all when he was 3, wasn't potty trained,... He made soooo much progress! (I keep repeting myself, sorry). 

Now... My husband just brought the news, we will be returning to UK next summer. Probably Aberdeenshire, but we are open minded. What ever area is best for our sons (we have three). 

Can you help and advice me? I would love to hear your experiences with the NHS system, schools, etc... Does the diagnoses take ages? I am dreading the waiting times, because when we return, our son will be 5 and he will need to start school straight away. 

Before we left to UK, we have spoken about our concerns with the health visitor, but not much action was taken. We have seen speech lady ( I wouldn't call her therapist) and she only gave us a booklet on how to play with our son. It was so upsetting. I am scared to return! LOL! 

Thank you all so much in advance.