10 year old girl - sudden potential ASD diagnosis - please anyone similar

Good morning

After a few months of high anxiety with our 10 year old girl - seemingly out of the blue - we have now been told she may have ASD. From nothing to a situation which has spiralled every day to the point that she didn't attend school for the last month, to problems sleeping, major meltdowns (one which ended up in A and E, bad idea on reflection but we were frightened!)...........how has this been masked for so long? We are in a terrible state as a family, walking on eggshells, life being put on hold as our daughter won't do a lot of things, a 7 year old boy who is petrified and despite CAMHS being involved have now been told everything will take months.............

Parents
  • Hi, welcome.  Give us some more details about your daughter if you don't mind? Autism can be harder to diagnose in girls. So your present situation is that they suspect autism but you'll be on a waiting list because of government cuts.  It is worth considering learning all you can as a family about autism, despite not having a diagnosis if you think it will help your daughter and you all as a family.  Check out the home page and the posts.  There's tons of relevant info which you can access.  Ask anything you want whenever you want.  We do understand.  If you do take up my suggestion can I suggest that you don't try to learn too much at once or you'll be overwhelmed?  Bite sized chunks of info is best.  

• Hi, welcome.  Give us some more details about your daughter if you don't mind? Autism can be harder to diagnose in girls. So your present situation is that they suspect autism but you'll be on a waiting list because of government cuts.  It is worth considering learning all you can as a family about autism, despite not having a diagnosis if you think it will help your daughter and you all as a family.  Check out the home page and the posts.  There's tons of relevant info which you can access.  Ask anything you want whenever you want.  We do understand.  If you do take up my suggestion can I suggest that you don't try to learn too much at once or you'll be overwhelmed?  Bite sized chunks of info is best.  

Children
No Data