New to the forum Hi all

I am a nanny to my 3 yr old grandson who is just going through all his assessments, he has been unofficially diagnosed on the spectrum.

My daughter has a really tough time with him as he is non verbal, and can become aggressive(slapping and hitting) family and other children who come into his personal space. Question is-Is this a phase that he will grow out of? We need to explain ourselves every time their is an episode. What happens when he is 14yrs old and still hitting and becoming agressive, he is a big strong 3 year old.

Strangers judge him and us when he has a meltdown, has anyone else any suggestions?

anything that has worked, any advice would be wonderful.

He hasnt been assigned a social worker yet, and is now waiting for a speech therapy appointment, all this is overwhelming.

Parents
  • hi everyone, although i have been fighting for my son for the past 7 years for a diagnosis, well basically for someone to recognise a problem and give my son the help he needed, im finding it very difficult. all i can think about is the future, will he be okay? have i done enough, etc. we are currently awaiting a second appointment for the psychologist to see where we go from here. i have no idea what im doing. ive tried accessing all the help and support i can get and im still overwhelmed. in all honesty im struggling to even express myself on here about it. i dont know what im looking for, what im asking or what we need. feel like ive come this far and now im floundering ........................

• hi everyone, although i have been fighting for my son for the past 7 years for a diagnosis, well basically for someone to recognise a problem and give my son the help he needed, im finding it very difficult. all i can think about is the future, will he be okay? have i done enough, etc. we are currently awaiting a second appointment for the psychologist to see where we go from here. i have no idea what im doing. ive tried accessing all the help and support i can get and im still overwhelmed. in all honesty im struggling to even express myself on here about it. i dont know what im looking for, what im asking or what we need. feel like ive come this far and now im floundering ........................

Children
No Data