Hello newbie here!

Hello, 

An intro - 

I am a lone parent, my eldest has just been diagnosed with aspergers, so I thought I better register here to gain as much advice as possible! 

I worked for quite a few years for the NAS as a support worker, and now work in special education,  I support autistic children daily!.....yet am finding it hard, with close to 15 years experience,  to support my own child.

I had known for years that she was on the spectrum, as she has always reminded me of myself, I am not diagnosed, but I spend my life locked into routines and obsessive repetitive routines that most people would think pretty ridiculous,  yet its all that keeps me calm..

So my little girl goes to secondary school this time and I could cry because she is so vulnerable. I know full well how horrible kids are to each other. And she really is very unique!

I am trying to teach her the social skills of just ignoring nasty comments, but I also want her to lead a full and happy life, and she just seems pretty unhappy a lot. Its got a lot worse since puberty..

So feeling full of anxiety myself! 

Parents Reply Children
No Data