17 year old son finally diagnosed with Autism! But now what??

Hi, my son has finally been diagnosed with Autism at aged 17 ! I knew it all along and finally someone listened. 

Now we have the diagnosis , what happens now? Would like to get him involved with others like himself, so that he is not so isolated. Not sure where to go or who to contact? 

Any advice, greatly apreciated.

Thank you

Parents
  • I agree that it is really good to meet other people on the spectrum so that he can appreciate that he is not alone. However, autistic people can be really difficult to deal with and social interaction between two or more autistic people can be extremely fraught.

Whereabouts is he in the process? What assistance has he been offered? Is he still at school or has he left?

• I agree that it is really good to meet other people on the spectrum so that he can appreciate that he is not alone. However, autistic people can be really difficult to deal with and social interaction between two or more autistic people can be extremely fraught.

Whereabouts is he in the process? What assistance has he been offered? Is he still at school or has he left?

Children
No Data