new to community

Hi, new to community, new to life with child on autistic spectrum, my son plays tennis, it has helped him a great deal. Any one else any experiences tennis or other with sports that work for their children on the spectrum. Any guidence on best lingo as all is new when decribing my son to others .

Parents
  • It has struck me that Andy Murray may have a few autistic traits! Monotonous voice, lack of conversational skill suggest that he may be down our way. Tennis isn't a team game so communication with team mates isn't an issue, the rules are also unambiguous and black and white.

I played tennis when younger and then played squash for many years but was never very good at it and suspect I may actually have a touch of dyspraxia which would explain why I lost 99% of my games.

• It has struck me that Andy Murray may have a few autistic traits! Monotonous voice, lack of conversational skill suggest that he may be down our way. Tennis isn't a team game so communication with team mates isn't an issue, the rules are also unambiguous and black and white.

I played tennis when younger and then played squash for many years but was never very good at it and suspect I may actually have a touch of dyspraxia which would explain why I lost 99% of my games.

Children
No Data