New friends

Hi, would anyone like to be my friend who has Autism that would understand me and know what I'm going through was diagnosed with Autism when I was 25 I'm trying to make new friends thanks.

Parents
  • Good evening Lilibeth,  Peafowl and Livvy 

Hope you had a good day.  I like Fridays as I finish work at 1pm and although the weather was wet and cold I spent a nice afternoon chatting with my husband and reading my kindle book. After our usual Friday evening meal of sausage casserole we watched Alan Carr,  Chatty Man on catch up TV. He was talking to that girl Scarlett from Gogglebox - I think she seems really nice - very genuine. 

Your wedding plans sound very exciting Lilibeth. Are you going away on honeymoon after? Do you already live together or will you be moving in together after the wedding? 

Peafowl - don't worry about what your mum says about needing to go out with people to be able to call them friends. It's different for people with autism or aspergers. I don't often see my best friend but it doesn't mean we're not close - we keep in touch by email and text and only usually meet up for a coffee every couple of months, but we can talk to each other about anything. You need to be careful who you confide in though as some people will take advantage of you. It takes me a long time to completely trust someone.

Livvy, I'm glad you enjoyed reading my earlier post. I tend to go on and on when I start writing! 

It's much easier to have friends on the Internet than going out in a group. In a social situation I find it difficult to talk to more than 1 or 2 people at a time as I get overloaded by too much information, but in the quiet space of my own home I can read your posts and think about them, and take as much time as I like to reply without any pressure.  

Good night 

Pixie 

• Good evening Lilibeth,  Peafowl and Livvy 

Hope you had a good day.  I like Fridays as I finish work at 1pm and although the weather was wet and cold I spent a nice afternoon chatting with my husband and reading my kindle book. After our usual Friday evening meal of sausage casserole we watched Alan Carr,  Chatty Man on catch up TV. He was talking to that girl Scarlett from Gogglebox - I think she seems really nice - very genuine. 

Your wedding plans sound very exciting Lilibeth. Are you going away on honeymoon after? Do you already live together or will you be moving in together after the wedding? 

Peafowl - don't worry about what your mum says about needing to go out with people to be able to call them friends. It's different for people with autism or aspergers. I don't often see my best friend but it doesn't mean we're not close - we keep in touch by email and text and only usually meet up for a coffee every couple of months, but we can talk to each other about anything. You need to be careful who you confide in though as some people will take advantage of you. It takes me a long time to completely trust someone.

Livvy, I'm glad you enjoyed reading my earlier post. I tend to go on and on when I start writing! 

It's much easier to have friends on the Internet than going out in a group. In a social situation I find it difficult to talk to more than 1 or 2 people at a time as I get overloaded by too much information, but in the quiet space of my own home I can read your posts and think about them, and take as much time as I like to reply without any pressure.  

Good night 

Pixie 

Children
No Data