New friends

Hi, would anyone like to be my friend who has Autism that would understand me and know what I'm going through was diagnosed with Autism when I was 25 I'm trying to make new friends thanks.

Parents
  • Nice to meet you Lilibeth. 

In case you didn't guess, I'm also female. I was lucky to not have learning difficulties when I was young, but I always felt "different" in a way I can't really describe. I had an imaginary friend when I was very little - I don't remember this, but my parents told me when I was a bit older and had forgotten about it. They said I used to open the living room door to let her in and my gran would ask why I was doing that - she probably thought I was a bit strange! 

I've always found it difficult to make and keep real friends and now I only have one who I feel understands me, apart from my husband . I met him just before my 16th birthday and we got married when I was 18, so we've known each other 40 years this year. I'm pleased to hear you're getting married - having someone I trust to share everything with has helped me so much.

I like monkeys and Owls too. I've always liked animals and we used to have lots of pets - cats, hamsters, rabbits, birds, fish etc. But we're not allowed to have pets in the flat where we live now.

I found working quite difficult when I was younger. I was always getting upset because I thought people were angry with me or didn't like me and I left a lot of jobs because of this,  or because I just found it too stressful.

The longest job I've had was for 5 years - that was when I was a part time special needs teaching assistant and I did an NVQ in learning support when I was there. I was told that I was very sensitive to the needs of the pupils I worked with, who were aged between 7 and 10. I think now that I might have understood them better because I am "different"

When I got into my thirties I got more confident as I learned how to deal with other people better. I got a job in accountancy and did accounting courses at college. I struggled with learning in a classroom, but when I did a distance learning course where I studied at home with regular 1 to 1 support from a tutor I did much better. 

I work for a small company now where I usually manage fairly well.  I am able to work independently so I don't have to talk to other people much unless I want to. I don't have to make up excuses for not going to the work Christmas party now either - nobody seems to mind, they're mostly quite easy going.

I like reading, surfing the Internet and going for walks by the sea, and I love food - we don't go out for meals very often but we sometimes try a new recipe or get a takeaway at the weekend as a treat. 

I hope this long post hasn't been too boring.

Take care 

Pixie 

• Nice to meet you Lilibeth. 

In case you didn't guess, I'm also female. I was lucky to not have learning difficulties when I was young, but I always felt "different" in a way I can't really describe. I had an imaginary friend when I was very little - I don't remember this, but my parents told me when I was a bit older and had forgotten about it. They said I used to open the living room door to let her in and my gran would ask why I was doing that - she probably thought I was a bit strange! 

I've always found it difficult to make and keep real friends and now I only have one who I feel understands me, apart from my husband . I met him just before my 16th birthday and we got married when I was 18, so we've known each other 40 years this year. I'm pleased to hear you're getting married - having someone I trust to share everything with has helped me so much.

I like monkeys and Owls too. I've always liked animals and we used to have lots of pets - cats, hamsters, rabbits, birds, fish etc. But we're not allowed to have pets in the flat where we live now.

I found working quite difficult when I was younger. I was always getting upset because I thought people were angry with me or didn't like me and I left a lot of jobs because of this,  or because I just found it too stressful.

The longest job I've had was for 5 years - that was when I was a part time special needs teaching assistant and I did an NVQ in learning support when I was there. I was told that I was very sensitive to the needs of the pupils I worked with, who were aged between 7 and 10. I think now that I might have understood them better because I am "different"

When I got into my thirties I got more confident as I learned how to deal with other people better. I got a job in accountancy and did accounting courses at college. I struggled with learning in a classroom, but when I did a distance learning course where I studied at home with regular 1 to 1 support from a tutor I did much better. 

I work for a small company now where I usually manage fairly well.  I am able to work independently so I don't have to talk to other people much unless I want to. I don't have to make up excuses for not going to the work Christmas party now either - nobody seems to mind, they're mostly quite easy going.

I like reading, surfing the Internet and going for walks by the sea, and I love food - we don't go out for meals very often but we sometimes try a new recipe or get a takeaway at the weekend as a treat. 

I hope this long post hasn't been too boring.

Take care 

Pixie 

Children
No Data