Hi, just been diagnosed

Hi,

I'm a 36 year old guy, and after being advised last year by a counsellor that i seem as if i could be "neuro-atypical" was the term she used, i decided to get referred for an official assessment and last week I finally had my appointment and was officially diagnosed as ASD level 1, which i was told is what used to be referred to as Asperger Syndrome. According to the Doctor there were several areas where i could have been classed a level 2 but  not enough to actually class me as that.

There are many areas in my life where i've felt like i was different such as not having, or wanting to have friends and not understanding the point of relationships, to obsessive behaviour and suffering extreme panic at any situation that's even slightly stressful, so it is actually a relief to have been "labelled" so to speak so I can at least see if there is anything i can do about it.

I'll probably make some threads in the other forums to go into more details about the challenges i'm currently facing and hopefully someone will have some advice for me :)