Hi :)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jade and i'm 24 years old and I've just had my Aspergers diagnosis a couple of months ago. I also have an ADHD diagnosis too.

I'm glad i've found a place I can talk to people who understand the struggles I face on a daily basis, it helps to know i'm not the only one. Especially when my family, patner and friends don't really understand. So it's kinda nice to read some of the posts and think "ooh i do that" or "i struggle with that too" and just to get some kind of tips/ideas really.

And i hope i can be of a little bit of help to some of you too, i hope so anyway haha :)

Parents
  • yeah thats exactly how it happened with me

it was very strange for me to even think about the possibility of being on the spectrum, but after researching it, it actually does make a whole lot of sense.

i think my friends and family are finding it hard to accept though, my fiends and my old work colleagues especially didn't believe me when i told them i had the diagnosis. My manager was so surprised when i told her.

do you know of any good books/resourcs or anything that will help me understand the condition better and help me towards coping/managing it? (either on ADHD or Aspergers/Autism spectrum) i've heard of a book called 'Living well on the spectrum' i think it was called, do you know if it's any good or worth buying at all?

• yeah thats exactly how it happened with me

it was very strange for me to even think about the possibility of being on the spectrum, but after researching it, it actually does make a whole lot of sense.

i think my friends and family are finding it hard to accept though, my fiends and my old work colleagues especially didn't believe me when i told them i had the diagnosis. My manager was so surprised when i told her.

do you know of any good books/resourcs or anything that will help me understand the condition better and help me towards coping/managing it? (either on ADHD or Aspergers/Autism spectrum) i've heard of a book called 'Living well on the spectrum' i think it was called, do you know if it's any good or worth buying at all?

Children
No Data