Hi :)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jade and i'm 24 years old and I've just had my Aspergers diagnosis a couple of months ago. I also have an ADHD diagnosis too.

I'm glad i've found a place I can talk to people who understand the struggles I face on a daily basis, it helps to know i'm not the only one. Especially when my family, patner and friends don't really understand. So it's kinda nice to read some of the posts and think "ooh i do that" or "i struggle with that too" and just to get some kind of tips/ideas really.

And i hope i can be of a little bit of help to some of you too, i hope so anyway haha :)

Parents
  • thats great, i think i will try the CBT and see if it helps at all. i'm also booked onto an Aspergers workshop which is supposed to help me learn about the condition and learn coping strategies etc. so i hope that goes ok, i'm a bit nervous about that but i'm willing to try it if it will help.

I'm currently on Straterra now, but before that i was on medication called Matoride XL which is Methylphenidate. I could see some improvement with that but unfortunately it was giving me really bd migraines and making my sensitivity to light even worse so i had to stop that.

managing anxiety is hard, i used to have alot of coping strategies that worked, for example, listening to music, looking for things in the environment to distract myself etc. but i got used to them so much they actually brought on panic attacks.

the thought of an Aspergers diagnosis didnt even cross my mind, i was diagnosed with ADHD first, and my assessor recommended i'd have the Asperger's assessment too as he suspected it. and actually i'm glad i went with it as it explains alot, and most of my support i've been getting at university has come from the Asperger's diagnosis rather than the ADHD   

(p.s. i apologise for any spelling mistakes, the keys on my keypad aren't working very well)

• thats great, i think i will try the CBT and see if it helps at all. i'm also booked onto an Aspergers workshop which is supposed to help me learn about the condition and learn coping strategies etc. so i hope that goes ok, i'm a bit nervous about that but i'm willing to try it if it will help.

I'm currently on Straterra now, but before that i was on medication called Matoride XL which is Methylphenidate. I could see some improvement with that but unfortunately it was giving me really bd migraines and making my sensitivity to light even worse so i had to stop that.

managing anxiety is hard, i used to have alot of coping strategies that worked, for example, listening to music, looking for things in the environment to distract myself etc. but i got used to them so much they actually brought on panic attacks.

the thought of an Aspergers diagnosis didnt even cross my mind, i was diagnosed with ADHD first, and my assessor recommended i'd have the Asperger's assessment too as he suspected it. and actually i'm glad i went with it as it explains alot, and most of my support i've been getting at university has come from the Asperger's diagnosis rather than the ADHD   

(p.s. i apologise for any spelling mistakes, the keys on my keypad aren't working very well)

Children
No Data