Hi :)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jade and i'm 24 years old and I've just had my Aspergers diagnosis a couple of months ago. I also have an ADHD diagnosis too.

I'm glad i've found a place I can talk to people who understand the struggles I face on a daily basis, it helps to know i'm not the only one. Especially when my family, patner and friends don't really understand. So it's kinda nice to read some of the posts and think "ooh i do that" or "i struggle with that too" and just to get some kind of tips/ideas really.

And i hope i can be of a little bit of help to some of you too, i hope so anyway haha :)

Parents
  • Some years ago, I had CBT to help me with my communication skills in difficult situations. It was hard work but very useful. I would recommended it. I thought it was more effective than medication. So you might want to follow your psychiatrist's advice. 

For ADHD medication, I take Concerta which is a slow release version of Ritalan. They do provide some focus and calm. What other ADHD medication have you tried ?

My doctor has also got me to take an antipsychotic called Olanzapine, which I've been taking for about 10 months. This really does help with mood swings and almost elimanted the meltdowns.

Managing anxiety is an outgoing truggle. So I'm trying to see it has something to isolate and manage, rather than a problem to solve.

Before being diagnosed with aspergers, did you think there was a possibility that you could have this condition ?

• Some years ago, I had CBT to help me with my communication skills in difficult situations. It was hard work but very useful. I would recommended it. I thought it was more effective than medication. So you might want to follow your psychiatrist's advice. 

For ADHD medication, I take Concerta which is a slow release version of Ritalan. They do provide some focus and calm. What other ADHD medication have you tried ?

My doctor has also got me to take an antipsychotic called Olanzapine, which I've been taking for about 10 months. This really does help with mood swings and almost elimanted the meltdowns.

Managing anxiety is an outgoing truggle. So I'm trying to see it has something to isolate and manage, rather than a problem to solve.

Before being diagnosed with aspergers, did you think there was a possibility that you could have this condition ?

Children
No Data