Hi :)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jade and i'm 24 years old and I've just had my Aspergers diagnosis a couple of months ago. I also have an ADHD diagnosis too.

I'm glad i've found a place I can talk to people who understand the struggles I face on a daily basis, it helps to know i'm not the only one. Especially when my family, patner and friends don't really understand. So it's kinda nice to read some of the posts and think "ooh i do that" or "i struggle with that too" and just to get some kind of tips/ideas really.

And i hope i can be of a little bit of help to some of you too, i hope so anyway haha :)

Parents
  • Jademh73 said:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jade and i'm 24 years old and I've just had my Aspergers diagnosis a couple of months ago. I also have an ADHD diagnosis too.

Hello Jade,

Welcome to the forum. You're not the only with ADHD and aspergers

Like you, I also have both ADHD and ASD (autism spectrum disorder). 

If you have both conditions, I think there can be difficulties with anxiety, managing several things at once and good social skills. I tend to get fixated and obsessed with subjects which interest me. 

What are you doing to help manage the symptoms ? Are you taking any medication, therapy ? 

• Jademh73 said:

Hi Everyone,

Hello Jade,

Welcome to the forum. You're not the only with ADHD and aspergers

Like you, I also have both ADHD and ASD (autism spectrum disorder). 

If you have both conditions, I think there can be difficulties with anxiety, managing several things at once and good social skills. I tend to get fixated and obsessed with subjects which interest me. 

What are you doing to help manage the symptoms ? Are you taking any medication, therapy ? 

Children
No Data