Hi - Dad awaiting diagnosis for 10 year old son

Hi All

I'm Darren and I'm hoping that you are all going to be a great source of info and support - and hopefully in time I can return the favour and be likewise. 

Our son Joe is 10 and awaiting a diagnosis - although it is quite apparent to all that he is likely to be somewhere on the ASD spectrum. 

School has been a real difficulty. His class teacher does not appear to understand that he is not being naughty, or intentionally disruptive. 

We live in Caerphilly, Wales. 

I look forward to getting to know you all on here.

Cheers

Darren

• Hi again does your son have a ECP at school if not then I think it's something you should look into 

• Thanks Spencer 02. Glad to know he is thriving now. 

• Hi my son is also 10 and has just last month had his asd diagnosis we were having problems in his last mainstream school with the management always just excluding him for the most silly things like not tucking his shirt in or putting his fingers in his ears when the noise in the classroom was to much for him in the end I pulled him out of this school phoned the education department and told them they needed to do something quick as I was not letting go back to that so within 2 weeks they got my son a place at a sens school which was the best thing I ever did as now he is understood a individual schooling plan has been set up and he's now doing really well in school and not once has he been excluded in 7 months 

• Unimaginatively copying husband's username!

Great to be able to talk about this with others who are experiencing the same stuff!