hello everyone

hi my names nic and i have a 3yr old lg who we think may have a form of autism

she dosent like change, she hates going out of the house and when we do get her out of the house she will continuously ask to go back home, she holds her hands over her ears with certain noises eg the hoover, she lashes out at me and her dad and sister, she wont wear new clothes unless they have been washed first, she also has a fixation on certain films that she will watch over and over again, she has also got a fixation on one dress that she will wear all the time and when i wash it she will have a bit of a breakdown.

i joined the forum for a bit of advice and help so i look forward to talking to you all

Parents
  • Welcome Nic,

Your description of your daughter's behaviour suggests that you are thinking along the right lines.  If this is correct, then now is a good time to look into it further, as her transition to school can be made much more comfortable for her if any support she needs is put in place nice and early.

As a late diagnosed adult, I'm not quite sure how to go about this, but in the first instance, your GP or local NAS group would be able to tell you what services might be suitable where you live.

Best wishes.

• Welcome Nic,

Your description of your daughter's behaviour suggests that you are thinking along the right lines.  If this is correct, then now is a good time to look into it further, as her transition to school can be made much more comfortable for her if any support she needs is put in place nice and early.

As a late diagnosed adult, I'm not quite sure how to go about this, but in the first instance, your GP or local NAS group would be able to tell you what services might be suitable where you live.

Best wishes.

Children
No Data