Hi advice need please

Hi everyone I am writing on behalf of my mum who is carer for my sister who's 20 with ADHD autistic she currently takes concerta to treat her ADHD been today to the doctors where she has been told that they don't treat over 18 year olds with that and that she needs to go down to half a table a day for a month then come of it. This does seem fair because this is the only medication that helps her with out it you'd need eyes in the back of your head is this doctor right tho?

Parents
  • I am 18 and have been diagnosed with Autism and ADHD. I was initially diagnosed by a private doctor but as we couldn't afford the costs I went to the NHS I am currently on Sertraline which allows me to calm my ADHD although I was advised by my Private doctor Concerta would be better, I have heard Concerta is much more effective but also it depends on the severity of the ADHD. If you can afford it I would suggest a private doctor as they will link you to someone who can provide Concerta, if it works better for the individual.

Hope this helps

• I am 18 and have been diagnosed with Autism and ADHD. I was initially diagnosed by a private doctor but as we couldn't afford the costs I went to the NHS I am currently on Sertraline which allows me to calm my ADHD although I was advised by my Private doctor Concerta would be better, I have heard Concerta is much more effective but also it depends on the severity of the ADHD. If you can afford it I would suggest a private doctor as they will link you to someone who can provide Concerta, if it works better for the individual.

Hope this helps

Children
No Data