Hello

Hi

I have recently received an aspergers diagnosis which has been a relief but also quite daunting as I still have quite a few issues for which there appears to be no help.  Hence my writing this as I am hoping someone out there might have some ideas.

I am a mother of 2 young children, at least one of whom has aspie traits.  I find dealing with their screaming really difficult and hate to admit I can end up screaming too because there is nowhere to go to get away from the noise.  I really need this to stop and would love yr suggestions, I have tried sure start for advice and am giving rewards for good behaviour etc but the meltdowns are happening more and more, usually concerned with sharing or relating to one another.

Another issue I have is with my Christian faith and being an aspie.  I can't seem to find any information about this and was wondering if anyone knew of any reading material?  I find social relationships really difficult which doesn't seem to help me fit in to the church environment at all.

Hopefully someone out there has some advice..

Many thanks 

Parents
  • Hi

Thanks for the reply, will look forward to less screaming as they get older!    Yes I definitely see my behaviour as a child and how out of control I felt. It often seems like there is nothing I can do to stop the screaming though, it's like they just need to do it!  I will have a think about how I would have wanted to be helped though, might come up with something....

Many thanks

• Hi

Thanks for the reply, will look forward to less screaming as they get older!    Yes I definitely see my behaviour as a child and how out of control I felt. It often seems like there is nothing I can do to stop the screaming though, it's like they just need to do it!  I will have a think about how I would have wanted to be helped though, might come up with something....

Many thanks

Children
No Data