Officially Diagnosed

Hi, I am a 28yr old mom to a 2 yr old boy. He is just beautiful..exhausting...but very beautiful. Since about 1.5yo, I had feelings that there was something different about him. We have only had private sitters since his dad and I both work full time and he did not do well at all in the daycare setting. Long story short, I researched autism and he fell under every category, by my opinion of course. We immediately began working with the program through the school but its very limited. A special education teacher comes out to our home twice a month and a behavior analyst once a month but they are unable to diagnose. Today we finally had our development appointment with the physican at the developement center at the childrens hospital and our son was diagnosed with Autism. 

Many Many Emotions were felt today. Even though you speculate, having a health care professional confirm is a whole other feeling. 

I am here on this forum because Its a start. I am not very educated about ASD and I would like to hear from other people who have similar experiences. The meltdowns, the aggressiveness, being unsure if youll be able to complete tasks in public, no speech etc. 

Parents
  • Hi TysNusMom,

I read your message and it is exactly the same situation I been facing, my son Samuel is 5 and we will havethe diagnosis on the 14th of April, I can't wait for this date after such a long time ,I'm anxious at the same time but happy to finally find out how to help my son.

Can you tell me what to expect from that day,how the doctor will tell us and what's the next step after the diagnosis. 

Thanks a lot 

Claudia 

• Hi TysNusMom,

I read your message and it is exactly the same situation I been facing, my son Samuel is 5 and we will havethe diagnosis on the 14th of April, I can't wait for this date after such a long time ,I'm anxious at the same time but happy to finally find out how to help my son.

Can you tell me what to expect from that day,how the doctor will tell us and what's the next step after the diagnosis. 

Thanks a lot 

Claudia 

Children
No Data