Hi everyone

Hi, i'm Holly and i am 18 years old.

I was diagnosed at the beginning of last year with Asperger's Syndrome. I have been in and out of the mental care system since i was 12 and because of my undiagnosed condition i had to leave school and begin home schooling. There was nothing wrong with home schooling but i felt like i missed out on a lot and i lost all my friends, when i did finish my GCSE's i went to college but had to quit that as well as my condition worsened and i became very unwell. I felt a lot better after i was diagnosed as i finally understood myself and was better at explaining my feelings and emotions to those around me. i now feel a lot more stable and a lot closer to my family :) 

• Hi Holly,

Welcome to the community. There are lots of other adults on the forum and many have come through the MH system like you. There are also parents looking to help their children and lots of people in the diagnosis process come here for help too. The forum often acts as a last resort for people who are struggling so try not to get overwhelmed by that.

I hope you can find some useful stuff and that you will contribute with your own experience.