My daughter has been diagnosed this week with Aspergers.

Hi, I'm a mom to 3 children, my nearly 15 yr old daughter is the middle child and has been diagnosed with Aspergers this week. She was diagnosed with epilepsy at 2yrs old, but from around then I noticed she was 'struggling' with things and has been tested for ADHD about 4 times over the last 12 yrs but was diagnosed at 4 with dyspraxia.

I haven't had any knowledge about Aspergers other than the 72 year old man with Aspergers and mild learning difficulties, who is the most lovely man who will always come up to you and say hi (no matter what you are doing).

I just feel lost and in the dark, saw CAMHS Wednesday and they said we are diagnosing her with Aspergers and that was about it. We have to take her this Wednesday so they can talk to her about what it is and means for her.

Parents
  • Thank you for your reply, we are going on Wednesday for them to talk to my daughter and tell her what is happening and what they have diagnosed her with.

Getting a book for her seems to be a good idea and I might invest in Aspergers (a couple of people have said that it is good) but I think I will also get the Nerdy one too.

• Thank you for your reply, we are going on Wednesday for them to talk to my daughter and tell her what is happening and what they have diagnosed her with.

Getting a book for her seems to be a good idea and I might invest in Aspergers (a couple of people have said that it is good) but I think I will also get the Nerdy one too.

Children
No Data