Good evening I'm new to this

My son was diagnosed at 4 he is now 7 and I'm now feeling the struggle. I'm feeling a little down and sad I'd love to get him in to after school and weekend clubs but so worried after my last experience with a narrow minded man. I understand his behaviour and how he acts but I feel others won't and will just judge him as being naughty. What type of activitys would be best its very limited where we live. He does Lego therapy at school and loves it but can't find anything similar to that anywhere x

Parents
  • That is one thing I seriously regret not doing, is joining the air cadets, would have been great for me.

I would try and discus with your son whats available and what he would like to do and get interested in. A lot will depend on the organiser, and the only way is to try it and see.

If you hit problems again, maybe you could discuss things with the organiser and see if he/she can understand and adapt there ways. Also worth discussing with your son what behaviour might be causing the issues, what behaviour is expected. Not to put any pressure on changing his behavior, or put any emphasis that his behaviour is wrong but to expand his understanding of his differences, which given time, will help him cope a bit better with difficult situations.

Random

• That is one thing I seriously regret not doing, is joining the air cadets, would have been great for me.

I would try and discus with your son whats available and what he would like to do and get interested in. A lot will depend on the organiser, and the only way is to try it and see.

If you hit problems again, maybe you could discuss things with the organiser and see if he/she can understand and adapt there ways. Also worth discussing with your son what behaviour might be causing the issues, what behaviour is expected. Not to put any pressure on changing his behavior, or put any emphasis that his behaviour is wrong but to expand his understanding of his differences, which given time, will help him cope a bit better with difficult situations.

Random

Children
No Data