Hello Everyone

abcd

Parents
  • Hi, I am in an unusual and fortunate situation. I have reired and after years of planning wrangles to build an extension for my adult son with AS and Sensory issues, we finally got permission and got most of the money together and built him a small house next to ours. It is adapted for him in lots of ways and he has finally moved in. The aim of course is to help him to develop independent living skills and take account of his sensory difficulties. It has secured his future which is such a relief. He has bad anxiety, is quite naive in lots of ways, rarely leaves the house and is nocturnal. His previous GP was very empathetic but His current GP not so much. With his knowledge I have asked her to sign the Severely Mentally Impaired form so that his council tax is waived. She has refused to sign it and so now I an in the process of applying for Council Tax Benefit which is quite a long process and very wearing. I am already worn down with coping with him as he copes with his adjustments. I have to manage all his finances and this is starting to feel like the straw that broke the camel's back. Has anyone had similar experience or can suggest anything I could say to persuade her to reconsider?

• Hi, I am in an unusual and fortunate situation. I have reired and after years of planning wrangles to build an extension for my adult son with AS and Sensory issues, we finally got permission and got most of the money together and built him a small house next to ours. It is adapted for him in lots of ways and he has finally moved in. The aim of course is to help him to develop independent living skills and take account of his sensory difficulties. It has secured his future which is such a relief. He has bad anxiety, is quite naive in lots of ways, rarely leaves the house and is nocturnal. His previous GP was very empathetic but His current GP not so much. With his knowledge I have asked her to sign the Severely Mentally Impaired form so that his council tax is waived. She has refused to sign it and so now I an in the process of applying for Council Tax Benefit which is quite a long process and very wearing. I am already worn down with coping with him as he copes with his adjustments. I have to manage all his finances and this is starting to feel like the straw that broke the camel's back. Has anyone had similar experience or can suggest anything I could say to persuade her to reconsider?

Children
No Data