Newly diagnosed

Hi. My name is Lisa. I have 2 boys, 12yrs and 6yrs old.

Since my eldest was at preschool, so roughly 3yrs old, I had concerns re his attention/learning ability/concentration/friendships (lack of) and so on. Well, 9 years on and we have recently had 3 diagnosis for him. He was diagnosed in May 2015 with ADHD and is now on medication as well as sleeping tablets. He was also diagnosed with moderate dyslexia. Novemeber 2015 he was also diagnosed Autistic. CAMH's have done their assessmensts and diagnosed and dont get me wrong I am gratefull for all they have done but in their words, they are "only comissioned to assess and diagnosis and not there to provide follow on support of our son or our family." ...........How can that be???? They also dont diagnose specific areas of Autism anymore so I have no clue how to support him (obviously we have always supported him but having an understanding of how/why he sees things differently/copes with things etc). 

I will be honest, I feel like we have been given this diagnosis and just been dropped and left hanging. I dont really have friends with similar situations.

I just feel so confused about it all. When he has his meltdowns, people often ask (family/friends) what they can do/why is he doing or behaving like that and I just cant give them an answer because I dont know how to explain it.

Please tell me this gets easier xx 

• It gets. If you do something about it. There's ton of literature in the libraries. There are short courses if you have time. And you have the internet which in my opinion is the greatest tool. If you're looking to discuss similair situations I think there is a special subsection around here.