An enthusiastic Autism Blogger

Hi,

I am Ashish and I love to write about Autism. I run my own blog called (link removed by moderator) that focuses on spreading Autism Awareness and helping parent work with children on spectrum.

Having spent so much time of the subject, I have acquired a fair bit of knowledge on Autism. So feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

--------------------------

Note from moderator: This community is not for the promotion of businesses or services. You are welcome to participate as a member of the community this may include mentioning resources, at the discretion of the moderator, but this does not imply any endorsement by the NAS or the community. Mod Bob

Parents
  • Ab honesto virum bonum, nihil detteret, so here goes...

I'm interested that this person uses a self-defeating fallacy to allege that someone else is using a self-defeating fallacy. This is just a circular argument with someone who's type I don't approve of. I've taken a view of them, I've examined myself too, so I'm going before I get charged for the full half-hour.

I always assess the intelligence of the 'speaker' so that I can try to respond at their level. It's hardly worth using Latin if I already know that the recipient will struggle to translate it, and probably wouldn't have the enrgy to, that's just being 'clever'. I expressed my impression of someone's intelligence. It's my impression, it isn't going to change just because they try to be offended by it as a personal insult. It's nothing of the sort, I'm simply saying what my impression is.

Given that we are the kings and queens of 'innapropriate' I couldn't help but laugh, darkly, to be accused of doing something 'innapropriate'. In other circumstances, I'd devote some time to trying to work that out. Nts, huh? Quien sabe?

I know that we all do our best to be welcoming, supportive and helpful. Occassionaly, we get one of 'these' situations. I recall some recent difficulties when things got overheated and quite distressing for everyone, but we have a new acknowledgement, and indeed support from Bob, for accepting that our discussions can get 'robust' and our views are those of AS people. One of the reasons I use AS instead of ASD is because I don't want conflict with those who use ASC. At least by using the term 'condition' (my preference) I feel I am more expressing the 'type' of person that I am, but that's more for NT consumption. On here, I'm on the spectrum, same as any other As person.

You are right, R'socks, in saying that we should approach these things with a degree of respect and acceptance, but I expect that from everyone, age and abilities accepted. When someone from another culture joins in, I expect them to at least make an attempt to understand the culture that they have stepped into. Likewise, I expect the same of me when I step into their culture, that's my aiming point anyway, although I acknowledge our particular difficulties in doing so.

I agree also with Longman that these are low tactics and that people who practice them are lowlifes, and I hope that the Mods are taking note. I fail to understand why AA is bridling, or why they are so abrasive and argumentative, and I really don't want to know, I've lost interest in them. These things go on and on ad infinitum, unless we call a halt by not joining in, so on that basis, I'm done with this thread.

• Ab honesto virum bonum, nihil detteret, so here goes...

I'm interested that this person uses a self-defeating fallacy to allege that someone else is using a self-defeating fallacy. This is just a circular argument with someone who's type I don't approve of. I've taken a view of them, I've examined myself too, so I'm going before I get charged for the full half-hour.

I always assess the intelligence of the 'speaker' so that I can try to respond at their level. It's hardly worth using Latin if I already know that the recipient will struggle to translate it, and probably wouldn't have the enrgy to, that's just being 'clever'. I expressed my impression of someone's intelligence. It's my impression, it isn't going to change just because they try to be offended by it as a personal insult. It's nothing of the sort, I'm simply saying what my impression is.

Given that we are the kings and queens of 'innapropriate' I couldn't help but laugh, darkly, to be accused of doing something 'innapropriate'. In other circumstances, I'd devote some time to trying to work that out. Nts, huh? Quien sabe?

I know that we all do our best to be welcoming, supportive and helpful. Occassionaly, we get one of 'these' situations. I recall some recent difficulties when things got overheated and quite distressing for everyone, but we have a new acknowledgement, and indeed support from Bob, for accepting that our discussions can get 'robust' and our views are those of AS people. One of the reasons I use AS instead of ASD is because I don't want conflict with those who use ASC. At least by using the term 'condition' (my preference) I feel I am more expressing the 'type' of person that I am, but that's more for NT consumption. On here, I'm on the spectrum, same as any other As person.

You are right, R'socks, in saying that we should approach these things with a degree of respect and acceptance, but I expect that from everyone, age and abilities accepted. When someone from another culture joins in, I expect them to at least make an attempt to understand the culture that they have stepped into. Likewise, I expect the same of me when I step into their culture, that's my aiming point anyway, although I acknowledge our particular difficulties in doing so.

I agree also with Longman that these are low tactics and that people who practice them are lowlifes, and I hope that the Mods are taking note. I fail to understand why AA is bridling, or why they are so abrasive and argumentative, and I really don't want to know, I've lost interest in them. These things go on and on ad infinitum, unless we call a halt by not joining in, so on that basis, I'm done with this thread.

Children
No Data