Hello from a newbie female suspected 'Aspie'!

Hi, I am new here and so far undiagnosed.. I'd love to get chatting with other people and particularly females on the spectrum, as I don't know any in my life personally. I have written a bit about myself in my profile page, so would love to hear from anyone who can help or advise in any way on this sometimes confusing subject. Many thanks :)

Parents
  • I'm 53, just been unofficially diagnosed (had a similar experience at work, BTW)  but my partner refuses to accept it, preferring to believe that I'm deliberately awkward. Socially, I'm effing backward. Mentally, a potential genius (honesty, not immodesty,) although I seem to have spent my whole life wasting energy trying to "fit in" without making the barest bit of progress. Wish I'd found out at age 23, when I had the time and the energy to burn. Now, I just feel like an unfulfilled, hollow and deeply misunderstood moron. I get duped so often you'd think I'd learn, but no....

• I'm 53, just been unofficially diagnosed (had a similar experience at work, BTW)  but my partner refuses to accept it, preferring to believe that I'm deliberately awkward. Socially, I'm effing backward. Mentally, a potential genius (honesty, not immodesty,) although I seem to have spent my whole life wasting energy trying to "fit in" without making the barest bit of progress. Wish I'd found out at age 23, when I had the time and the energy to burn. Now, I just feel like an unfulfilled, hollow and deeply misunderstood moron. I get duped so often you'd think I'd learn, but no....

Children
No Data