Reassurance ?

Hello,  I'm new to this! I was wondering if anyone might have any advice please?  My son  is autistic. He's 11 years old and very intelligent. He's a very anxious boy, he will literally cower behind me at times. He's very literal.  He's seen the tv news and is terrified of the situation in Syria. On the night of the commons vote I couldn't him to bed, he was still up at 1130pm, convinced we were all about to die. Obviously I've tried to reassure him but I'm not sure what to say. 

Parents
  • Hi Pipkin,

To add to this, would watching a topical comedy programme like 'Have I got News for You' help?

He then may be able to see items which he considers important satirised by adults in the same way they may be sensationalised in regular news broadcast (over time he may then be able to see that politics, especially global politics, is 90% bluster and posturing, and that sometimes what is reported isn't necissarily the whole story or without bias).

• Hi Pipkin,

To add to this, would watching a topical comedy programme like 'Have I got News for You' help?

He then may be able to see items which he considers important satirised by adults in the same way they may be sensationalised in regular news broadcast (over time he may then be able to see that politics, especially global politics, is 90% bluster and posturing, and that sometimes what is reported isn't necissarily the whole story or without bias).

Children
No Data