Reassurance ?

Hello,  I'm new to this! I was wondering if anyone might have any advice please?  My son  is autistic. He's 11 years old and very intelligent. He's a very anxious boy, he will literally cower behind me at times. He's very literal.  He's seen the tv news and is terrified of the situation in Syria. On the night of the commons vote I couldn't him to bed, he was still up at 1130pm, convinced we were all about to die. Obviously I've tried to reassure him but I'm not sure what to say. 

Parents
  • I dont have a TV for the very reason it makes me anxious and paranoid and i'm an adult. If i need to know what happening in the world (and most the time i dont need to know) then BBC newsround gives a fair story without being alarmist about things.

There are a lot of people i have met at the MH support group that are triggered by the news so we just dont watch it and it works

• I dont have a TV for the very reason it makes me anxious and paranoid and i'm an adult. If i need to know what happening in the world (and most the time i dont need to know) then BBC newsround gives a fair story without being alarmist about things.

There are a lot of people i have met at the MH support group that are triggered by the news so we just dont watch it and it works

Children
No Data