Father & son, both pending assessment

Hi all,

We have just sbmitted our request for ASD assessment on our 5 year old son. He is happy, outgoing, but there are some signs of what his support worker (he's gettign assistance for reading, writing, motor skills etc) suggest may be indicators of high functioning autism Aspergers.

We are not overly concerned with this, as our ey concern is to ensure he gets the tools to help him and those around him cope emotionally with his responses and quirks'.

But the twist in the tail is this. The more i read about symptoms and traits, the more i begin to see myself fitting in somewhere along the spectrum. I've sat a few on-line assessments and scored well withing the range, and when i pass a list of symptms to my partner, she gives a knowing nod and seems to think i'm definitely onto something.

So, as we await assessment for my son, i will also be seeign my GP very soon and arranging for one for myself.

In the meantime - i'll be doing my best to work with my son to keep an eye on his emtional state, wile also reading through the literaature and see what reas i need to address that previously i'd assumed was everyone else's issue - and not mine.

So in summary - it's a hello from me, and a hello from him!

:)