Hi Just Getting To Know People

Hi I'm Matthew just thought I'd sign up to this because I don't talk too to many people hence my poor converation skills lol and people like myself seem to have the same problem so I thought I might aswell join the cool crowd.

Anyway just a bit I'm a 22 year old male been diagnosed with Autism (A mild form) since I was too young to remember and I have your typical difficulties so here it goes what are your struggles and advantages of having autism? 

What are your hobbies? and tell me whatever about yourself really? Look forward to hearing from people :)

Parents
  • Hi guys, thought I'd pitch in with a bit of my own. I was very late diagnosed, so it took a long time to find out who I am, and I'm starting to get an understanding of why my life was always so hard. Anxiety and depression have been my constant companions, and yes, the times when I am most at peace with myself are when I'm alone and pursuing something that's got my attention.

I don't crave company, quite the reverse - I find it tortuous to have to be part of any gathering. I've tried of course, I know we all have, but I get very annoyed with people when we're talking about something serious and they reject serious thought. It's like they're incapable of thinking things through, even when I invite them to with prompts to consider another point of view.

I find humans not only shallow, but content to be so.

I've loved science fiction since I was a boy. John Wyndham managed to frighten me with Day of the Triffids, The Kraken Wakes and The Midwitch Cuckoos, and then totally consoled me with The Chrysalids because I think that's us! If you haven't read it, I recommend it. I can't get enough Star Trek (but I think Star Wars is rubbish, sorry) or any thought provoking film such as Soylent Green. Favourite authors also include Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein, Dean Koontz and Iain Banks, though not Iain M Banks, strangely.

Got any recommendations?

• Hi guys, thought I'd pitch in with a bit of my own. I was very late diagnosed, so it took a long time to find out who I am, and I'm starting to get an understanding of why my life was always so hard. Anxiety and depression have been my constant companions, and yes, the times when I am most at peace with myself are when I'm alone and pursuing something that's got my attention.

I don't crave company, quite the reverse - I find it tortuous to have to be part of any gathering. I've tried of course, I know we all have, but I get very annoyed with people when we're talking about something serious and they reject serious thought. It's like they're incapable of thinking things through, even when I invite them to with prompts to consider another point of view.

I find humans not only shallow, but content to be so.

I've loved science fiction since I was a boy. John Wyndham managed to frighten me with Day of the Triffids, The Kraken Wakes and The Midwitch Cuckoos, and then totally consoled me with The Chrysalids because I think that's us! If you haven't read it, I recommend it. I can't get enough Star Trek (but I think Star Wars is rubbish, sorry) or any thought provoking film such as Soylent Green. Favourite authors also include Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein, Dean Koontz and Iain Banks, though not Iain M Banks, strangely.

Got any recommendations?

Children
No Data