I have an Awesome Brother with Autism

Hello Everyone!

My lovely brother, Chris, who is 21 years old now, has inspired me to pursue a research career in autism. I have an Autism blog and my current research project relates to Autism. Sure, all this studying will help in the long run, but in the mean time, I really wish I could help my brother out more. He still lives in Singapore with the rest of the family, and support there for ASD isn't as good as it is here.

Chris has low functioning verbal Autism, and needs to be taken care of 24/7, he is physically fit but has the mind of a 5 year old.  He has recently taken to breaking all the things that he enjoys, his laptop, guitar and toys. He gets so frustrated because he's bored and he takes it out on the family. He attends a daily adult centre where they let him to horticulture and buy his own food, but when he gets home there is nothing to do. I wish I could help him but he's so far away and both my parents work the whole day.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fill his day up and make him happier I would really, really appreciate it! Also if anyone has questions on what it's like having a sibling with Autism , I'm happy to share my experiences. :)