HELP NEEDED

Hi all, I'm found this site through desperation! I have 2 boys who both have duchenne muscular dystrophy which means they are  both wheelchair users. My youngest Danny (12 ) also has autism. His behaviour at the moment is the worst its ever been, everyday he has meltdowns that take over the whole house, normally late at night. His problem at the moment is wanting to go over previous conversations! he expects me to remember who said what as if I am a computer. I've tried to say we'll talk about it once but no more ( he can go on and on for over an hour) then I say we're not talking about it anymore but he won't let it go. It normally ends with me shutting his door and walking away while he screams the place down ( I always warn him I'm going to do this) I'm on my own with both boys most of the time, they both need a lot of physical help and I'm at the end of my tether, exhausted etc)

any advice gratefully received!

claire

Parents
  • Hi claire74,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry that you are finding things diffcult. It may be helpful to speak to someone on our helpline which you can also email. We also have a Parent to Parent helpline which you may be interested in as you can share your experiences with others. I hope this helps you but if not please don't hesitate to contact us for further support Smile

Sofie Mod

• Hi claire74,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry that you are finding things diffcult. It may be helpful to speak to someone on our helpline which you can also email. We also have a Parent to Parent helpline which you may be interested in as you can share your experiences with others. I hope this helps you but if not please don't hesitate to contact us for further support Smile

Sofie Mod

Children
No Data