16 year old...autistic..aspergers..etc etc..advice please for home schooling..college..

Hi everyone..im an experienced mum of 4...have dealt with all of mine having different behaviours from sensory..ocd.. self harm...autism.. adhd.. BUT now..I really need some advice on homeschooling and college..for my 16 year old..thankyou 

Parents
  • I don't know if you guys with school refusers have seen the other recent threads about kids who have dropped out of college and become recluses?

Home school may be a short term strategy but it really shows, in my eyes at least, that something has gone wrong and that problem needs to be sorted. Taking a refuser and sending him to college without sorting out his problems is not likely to go smoothly. College can be better than school in some ways but it is also a major disrpution and support and assistance from colleges can be patchy or non-existant.

• I don't know if you guys with school refusers have seen the other recent threads about kids who have dropped out of college and become recluses?

Home school may be a short term strategy but it really shows, in my eyes at least, that something has gone wrong and that problem needs to be sorted. Taking a refuser and sending him to college without sorting out his problems is not likely to go smoothly. College can be better than school in some ways but it is also a major disrpution and support and assistance from colleges can be patchy or non-existant.

Children
No Data