I've lost my confidence.

Hi there.

I'm not sure if this counts, as I have not been tested for autism yet. However, considering the amount of time that that will take, I was wondering if I could get some advice from the community at large. 

I recently had a job at a convenience store, and that job ended when I had a panic attack, and scratched my arms raw to stop myself from crying during my shift. This was after roughly two months of being on the job. I want to apply to other jobs but I'm scared that the same thing is going to happen again, and as I don't have any kind of proof of what happened, I don't think employers will be sympathetic. 

I am a recent graduate with a good degree, but I feel terrified to try and jump into a job again and useless as an unemployed twenty-one year old living with her parents. Does anyone have any advice?

• Hi,

"I'm not sure if this counts, as I have not been tested for autism yet."

I'll assume you are here because you self identify as having autistic traits :)

I really don't know enough about you and your situation to give any specific advice. Your post raises more questions than answers for me.

That said, you are not alone! :)

I'm going through a 'bad' patch with a major depressive episode lasting many weeks, anxiety is high and my confidence is very low at the moment. I have to think it's like a storm and it will pass. Somewhere on the other side is calm and blue sky.

Are you seeing anyone about your anxiety? It sounds rather severe to me if you are hurting yourself to 'cope'. Are you at least seeing your GP? Some medication may help you through this difficult time. I find counselling helps too.

Kind regards,

soldersplash