Hi

I am a 35 year old married with 4 children 3 girls and 1 boy my son is 17 yrs old my oldest daughter is 16 middle daughter is 11 and youngest daughter is 8.

I suspect my oldest daughter has asd but her consultant wont help us

• Hi everyone i hope some of you can give me some advice i have a daughter coming up for 16 very soon i suspect that she has asd i have been told by 2 phsycologists that she may be on the spectrum scale but her consultant wont help us the list of things i have noticed is

lack of communication

social things make her anxious

she wont speak to people she dont know

sorts things into colours  e.g red with red

she wears the same clothes even if they are too small for her

knows when things have been moved and kicks off

she dont like to shower or bath herself likes to go about smelly

does not understand conversations

no consept of danger

and the list just goes on i have given a list to her consultant she has put it down to being a typical teenager but i dont think it is i dont know what to do

• Yes I am talking about the nhs the psychologist seeing my daughter said she does not deal with add only adhd which I should have mentioned that my daughter also has. My daughter has also has a maturity test and the results we how we expected within the well below average side they don't want to listen to me my gp has put a letter to the consultant so I just have to Wait I thank you very much for your reply

• Hello moonriver here, presumably you are talking about a Consultant via the NHS route?

Is this a Paediatrician who has experience of ASD?  You can ask for a second opinion from another Professional, your daughters GP should be able to refer her on, does your GP have the information from the Psychologists? He should take their opinions into account.  Good Luck.