Hello

Hello Everyone 

Im not new here but have not written on the forum before, so just saying hello. 

I am a mum of one, George who is 4 and was diagnosed Autistic in May of this year. I have since been on the steepest learning curve of my life. I was given diagnosis and then handed tonnes of paper work and told if I need any more help or infomation then to call or read through the paperwork some of which has been very helpful. 

I was not prepared for my son being diagnosed but to be honest it was more of a relief knowing there was a "problem" and it wasnt "normal" 2 year old behavior, as I was constantly told by certain people. I knew something wasnt quiet right and there fore persuade it. 

George is now of school age and does not have a school placement, I have been rejected for a statement (and am in the process of apealling). 

I have learned several ways of dealing with my LO's behavior, and an early night sleep routine I think is within grasp (but any extra tips, for controlling behavior and bedtime would be fantastic, and very much appreciated).

My husband still has a problem excepting our LO's "disability" as he puts it. 

I think George is happy in him self, and has a complete obsessions over lego and batman currently, but I am looking for stimulation toys and cards etc at the moment. 

Thanks Chrissie